Frequently Asked Questions
Brewster CSD is committed to supporting everyone having continued access to instructional resources during this time that schools are closed. We are aware that this is a challenge for some that do not have reliable internet access at home. There are a number of local Internet Service Providers that are offering acces to internet for next 60-90 days that we would like to share with you now.
- We’ll send all new customers a free self-install kit that includes a cable modem with a Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee.
- To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone: Both customers and non-customers can access outdoor and small business-based Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots for free for the next 60 days. Xfinity customers can download the Xfinity WiFi app and find the nearest hotspot on the map view. Non-customers can find their nearest hotspot by visiting https://wifi.xfinity.com and entering their zip code.
- Starting Monday, March 16, 2020, eligible households interested in this solution can call: 866-200-9522 to enroll in Optimum region
- For households with K-12 and/or college students who may be displaced due to school closures and who do not currently have home internet access, we are offering our Altice Advantage 30 Mbps broadband solution for free for 60 days to any new customer household within our footprint.
- Parents have to call 844-488-8395 starting Monday, March 16 for grades k-college
- Free internet for 60 days with more information coming on installation instructions and programs guidelines
- Public Wi-Fi hotspot will also be made available so no credentials should be needed
YES. However, we will only repair devices if they are no longer functioning well enough to continue instruction.
Please call the Helpdesk at 845-279-5051, ext. 1156 or email email@example.com and we will coordinate a replacement. Please have the following information available when contacting the Helpdesk:
- Student Name, Grade and Tag# (on bottom) of device to be serviced.