- Athletics Overview
- Athletic Placement Process
- Brewster Sports Foundation
- Code of Ethics for Athletes
- Concussion Guidelines and Procedures
- Directions to Area Schools
- District Boosters
- Family ID Registration Process
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Hall of Fame
- Mission Statement/Levels of Programs Offered by Athletics Department
- Parent Code of Conduct
- SAT Philosophy Section I
- Transportation Home from Athletic Contests
Campus-Wide Lockdown Drill - October 4, 2019
On October 4th, the District will be conducting a district-wide lockdown drill, impacting all four school buildings, as well as, Transportation, Facilities, and the District Office. This massive effort could not be possible without the partnership of the Putnam County Sheriff's Department and other local/state law enforcement agencies.
A lockdown is used to secure school buildings and grounds during incidents that pose an immediate threat of violence in or around the school. As previously communicated, the initiation of a lockdown is now automated so that when triggered, the following actions occur instantaneously:
- All exterior doors in all buildings lock
- Public Address and Voice-Over IP phones announce that the building is in lockdown
- The 911 call center and Sheriff’s Department are notified
In addition to the standard emergency response protocol, the District follows advanced lockdown protocols using the acronym: BEARS. Although not intended to be followed sequentially, BEARS stands for:
BEARS protocol was first introduced at the January 8, 2019 Board of Education meeting, and our staff and students have been applying these advanced techniques ever since. The District has taken significant steps over the past several years to upgrade and implement improved security measures throughout all of our schools. The safety of our students and staff are of the utmost importance to us!
If you should require clarification regarding the protocol, please contact your building principal. He/She will be happy to answer your questions to ensure your full understanding and adherence to our procedures. With your cooperation, our schools will be more secure for students and staff.
Laurie Bandlow, Ed.D.