What is the difference between targeted assistance or school-wide program?

Posted by:

If a district (or Lead Education Agency- LEA) receives Title I funding, which over 99% of districts do, the district needs to either choose ‘targeted assistance’ or ‘school-wide program’ when explaining to NYSED how they plan to use the funds. A main difference between the two is how the funds can be used. This document explains more. We have chosen the school-wide program at JFK & CVS for the 2017-18 school year.