Mandatory Compliance Training
State and federal regulations require staff have access to a safe and professional work environment. Simply, it is a critical responsibility we all share. As such, mandated compliance trainings provide staff with access to information to help support a culture of safety and professionalism.
All Brewster employees are required by state and federal laws to participate in mandated training during the school year. These mandated trainings are noted below. Live training for the Blood Borne Pathogens and Hazard Communications takes place annually during the first Superintendent’s Conference Day. This is done for the purposes of ensuring that someone with knowledge of this topic is present to answer questions. As such, a representative from PNW BOCES, Carol Snyed, facilitates this training. Additional compliance trainings include:
- Child Abuse
- Dignity for All Students Act (DASA)
- General Harassment
- Sexual Harassment
- Student Data Privacy (NY State Ed Law Section 2-d)
While all employees must complete compliance training annually on the topics listed above, the District may also require that certain employee groups complete training related to other topics that are relevant to their work responsibilities. For instance, the BTA contract notes that such mandated training may total three hours in any given year. Similarly, the SEIU contract stipulates additional training specific for bus drivers.
Such training must be completed at the individual’s discretion prior to March 20th. Release time is not provided to complete such training. Trainings noted above are completed and filed through the Global Compliance Network (GCN). After logging into the system, the user will see a list of tutorials required for his/her position. Generally, each compliance training takes 9 - 30 minutes to complete. Once all tutorials are complete, the individual should print and send their certificate of completion to District Office @ Attention: Human Resources.
The first time you log into the GCN website, you will need to follow these steps to create a unique user ID:
- Go to http://site.gcntraining.com/
- Click "LOGIN"
- Enter the organization code for BCSD: 84078b (you will need to enter this organization code each time you login)
- Click "Create a New Account"
- Type your last name and click "Search"; select your name and click "Import This Information"
- Create a user ID that you will remember, such as your last name and the first initial of your first name (e.g., smithj) and click "Check Account Availability"
- Review your personal information, which is already entered into the program, and click "Submit"
- Use the drop-down menu to select the tutorial to be completed and follow the directions on the screen
The next time you log into the GCN website, you will only need to enter the organization code for BCSD (84078b) and your unique user ID.
If you have any questions on this process, please contact the helpdesk at 279-5051, ext. 1156 or Colette Ragan @ ext. 1163