AP Exam Information
WHAT IS AN ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSE?
Advanced Placement or AP courses are college level courses taken at the high school level. Some courses have prerequisites and some are based on self-selection. Each course culminates with an AP Exam developed by the CollegeBoard.
Brewster High School currently offers 13 AP courses: Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics II, Computer Science-JAVA, Computer Science Principles, Calculus AB, Calculus BC Plus, Statistics, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, World History, US History.
WHY TAKE ADVANCED PLACEMENT COURSES?
- EXPOSURE TO COLLEGE LEVEL COURSEWORK
- BUILD ACADEMIC STAMINA
- OPPORTUNITIES TO LEARN, PRACTICE, AND APPLY COLLABORATION, CRITICAL THINKING, PERSEVERANCE
- EARN COLLEGE CREDIT, ADVANCED PLACEMENT
- STUDY A SUBJECT YOU ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN DEPTH
THE ADVANCED PLACEMENT STUDENT: PRACTICES AND EXPECTATIONS
- DISPLAY PROSOCIAL BEHAVIORS
- MANAGE TIME AND MEET DEADLINES
- BE PREPARED AND TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY
- COMPLETE ALL WORK WITH HONESTY AND INTEGRITY
- PLAN TO WORK HARD AND BE CHALLENGED
- FOLLOW THROUGH WITH THE PROCESS OF AN AP COURSE. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO ENROLL IN THE COURSE, COMPLETE THE COURSE WORK AND TAKE THE EXAM.
WHAT DOES AN AP EXAM LOOK LIKE?
- EACH EXAM IS 2-3 HOURS WITH A BREAK
- TOTAL TIME IS USUALLY 3.5 TO 4.O HOURS
- PART 1 - MULTIPLE CHOICE-SCORE IS BASED ON CORRECT ANSWERS
- PART 2- FREE RESPONSE SUCH AS AN ESSAY, SOLUTION TO A PROBLEM, PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION (Computer Science Principles)
HOW DO I REGISTER AND PAY FOR AP EXAMS?
- FOR THE SECOND CONSECUTIVE YEAR, BREWSTER HIGH SCHOOL IS USING TOTAL REGISTRATION FOR STUDENT AP EXAM REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT.
- ONLINE EXAM REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT SITE
- EXAM REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PERIOD: OCTOBER 15, 2018 - JANUARY 31, 2018
- LATE FEE CHARGE: FEBRUARY 1, 2018 - FEBRUARY 15, 2018
- AFTER FEBRUARY 15, 2018 NO REGISTRATION OR PAYMENT IS ACCEPTED
- AP EXAM REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT LINK